Monday 15 October 2012

Anna Dressed In Blood (Kendare Blake) Review



Usually when I read a book no matter how much I love it I can pick faults with it and I can honestly say that wasn't the case with this book, from the very first page I was hooked and I can definitely see why so many people are rating it 5 stars!

This book follows Cas a young man who hunts ghosts for a living but not just any ghosts the most terrifying murderous ghosts that are killing off people. He gets a tip from his friend 'Daisy' about a ghost they call Anna Dressed In Blood although he is skeptical at first Cas and his mother move out to Thunder Bay and he gets straight to work.


While trying to research Anna he meets Carmel, her jealous ex-boyfriend Mike and his two sidekicks Chase and Will, he also meets Thomas a kind of awkward boy who is able to read minds. Cas is horrified when he is hit over the head with a plank of wood and thrown into Anna's house by Mike, this is when we are first introduced to Anna and what an introduction it is, the hairs on the back of my neck were standing up!


From that point on the book is packed with thrills, frights, action, murder and friendship. I loved watching Cas making friends (something he has been unable to do) and coming to terms with his Father's death. I absolutely loved Anna's character I thought she was pretty bad ass but I also saw a vulnerable side to her. I found myself wishing throughout the book that she hadn't been murdered I wished that Anna's story would have ended differently. 


I can not recommend this book enough it is amazing and I literally can not wait for the next book in the series!

5 out of 5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment