Monday 21 January 2013

Dare You To (Katie McGarry) Review



I absolutely loved Pushing The Limits so I was super excited to receive an arc copy of this book on Netgalley! 

I didn't like Beth in Pushing The Limits, I didn't like how she gave Echo a hard time so I was worried I wouldn't like Dare You To but I needn't have worried it was fantastic and once again McGarry has written another hit! 

Beth is a hard nosed, foul mouthed bitch to put it politely so at times it's very hard to read about her and sympathise with her situation. However as the book continues we get to see other sides to her and find out who she really is which was interesting. By the end of the book I felt like she was a better person and it was as though I had watched her mature, you can't help but feel proud of her.

Ryan is not your typical jock love interest, he too has many things going in in his life which makes for interesting reading. I didn't expect to like him especially as I wanted Beth and Isaiah to be together but he really is perfect for her. He helps her to realise that she deserves a better life and he helps her to rediscover herself.

I loved watching Beth evolve as a character, there would be little moments such as her refusing to smoke pot that would give me hope that she could turn her life around. I also liked the appearances of Noah, Echo and Isaiah. 

Her uncle Scott was a very likeable character too I liked that he took Beth away from her Mother and gave her a better life. 

5 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment