Thursday 10 January 2013

Emma The Author?

Hey everyone I thought I would just post an update blog for anyone who is interested. 
Some of you may or may not know that I am an aspiring author and had big plans to write a novel last year for NaNoWriMo. However, that didn't happen I managed to write around 10,000 words and then I gave up I guess I just didn't have that much faith in my idea. I am constantly conjuring up ideas in my head for potential novels some are good and others not so good. 

I have made it a personal goal to complete a novel this year though and I have finally settled on a plot that I feel really pleased with. It will be a YA Contemporary novel as those are my favourite books to read and to write. I have written a brief synopsis and the first three chapters that I may eventually post on here. I am not 100% sure on the title but at the moment is is named : Scaredy Cat.

So here it goes guys I am going to post the synopsis on here in the hopes of gaining some feedback. I hope you enjoy :)


'My name is Caterina, although my friends call me Cat, Scaredy Cat. They think it’s charming but I hate it. When I was sixteen I realised I was too scared to go outside and by the time I was seventeen I was too frightened to leave my bedroom. That's when Mum admitted me to Thornecliffe, and that's where I met Nate. Mysterious, troubled Nate who just happens to be my opposite. His problem is he isn't afraid of anything, maybe he could save me, or maybe he is living proof of why it's good to be a scaredy cat after all.'




No comments:

Post a Comment