Monday 7 January 2013

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (JK Rowling) Review




I have no idea why I waited so long to finally read these books. I have heard so many good things about this series so I had high expectations and I wasn't disappointed. Having already seen the movies I wished I had read the books first as I alredy knew what was going to happen, another downside of seeing the movies first was that I pictured everything as it is in the film, I wish I had read the book first in order to use my own imagination.

However, that being said I thoroughly enjoyed this book. While reading it I found it pretty obvious that it was geared towards children but that didn't bother me in the slightest. JK Rowling has managed to create such a wonderful and magical world that it was a pleasure to become lost in it. I noted the differences between the movie and the book and I was so pleased that Neville Longbottom plays more of a central role in the book, he is one of my favourite characters so I enjoyed reading more about him.

I read this book in a day and I am absolutely hooked, I will begin reading the second book right away as like most of the people who have read these books I have fallen in love with Harry Potter and his world. 

5 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment