Friday 4 January 2013

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Michelle Hodkin) Review



My first reaction when I finished this book was 'Oh my god, I need more!' Which is exactly what a good book should make you think. Literally from the get go this book had me hooked, I felt like I had no idea what was going on and I was desperate to know more.

This book follows Mara Dyer a girl who wakes up in a hospital after being in a terrible accident. She was in a building when it collapsed killing her best friend Rachel, her boyfriend Jude and his sister Claire. She has no recollection of that day and has no idea what she was doing at that building in the first place.

I loved uncovering Mara's past along with her I really felt like I was part of the story and it was a thrilling ride. The begininng was fast paced and full of interesting 'happenings' however, I felt the middle slowed down a lot which I think was due to the romance aspect of the novel. Although I did enjoy the romance between Mara and Noah I just really wanted to find out more about Mara's accident and her past.

Mara throughout the book has what she thinks are 'Hallucinations' due to her PTSD and I found these 'hallucinations' really creepy and eerie they brought a little extra something to the book and I loved it. 

This book would make an amazing movie, I loved it so much.

5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment