Tuesday 9 July 2013

The Elephant Girl (Henriette Gyland) Review



I absolutely loved this book and was hooked from the first chapter.
As a child Helen witnesses her mother's murder but due to an epileptic fit her memory is a bit hazy, rejected by her family and handed over to child services Helen grows up seeking revenge on her mother's killer.


After reading the first couple of pages I was totally sucked in to the book, resulting in a very late night and a whole day spent with my nose in this book. It was gripping and I became completely lost in the story.

Gyland has a fantastic writing style and not once during this book did I feel bored, the plot is well paced and flows well. I was eager for answers along with Helen and by the last 50 pages I was on the edge of my seat waiting for the big finale.

The characters were my favourite aspect of this book though, each and everyone of them are three dimensional and have interesting back stories, Gyland must have took an awful lot of time creating these characters and their lives. They're all entertaining and engaging and they really brought this book to life.

I enjoyed the romance aspect of this book and I loved how protective and caring Jason was, he is man all women dream of meeting and I suspect many women will swoon at the thought of him after reading this book.

I gave The Elephant Girl 5 out of 5 stars it was a fantastic, thrilling and engaging read and I cannot recommend it enough. Definitely one of my favourites of 2013 so far.


1 comment:

  1. Dear Emma,
    Thank you so much for this fabulous review! I'm so glad you liked my book.
    Best
    Henriette

    ReplyDelete