Tuesday 6 August 2013

Leaving Paradise (Simone Elkeles) Review




I just feel completely MEH after reading this book.

After reading The Perfect Chemistry trilogy by Simone (which I loved) I had high expectations for Leaving Paradise, maybe it's my own fault that I am so disappointed.

This book felt rushed and didn't really effect me in any way. I liked the characters but I wasn't given enough to fall in love with them. Caleb Becker has spent a year in jail after hitting Maggie Armstrong with a car. She has been left with a limp and he is seriously jaded from his experience of Juvie. They meet again and become friends and even develop feelings for each other. This should be interesting but it just wasn't.

My favourite character in the book was Mrs Reynolds she was a feisty old woman with a love for good food. If not for her I'm not even sure I would've finished this book.

The ending was so disappointing to me, I felt annoyed at how abruptly the book ended. I just found out there is a sequel and I will definitely be picking it up, I just NEED to know if things get better and I want to give Simone another chance as I really did love Perfect Chemistry.

I don't have much else to say really expect it was a very quick read and left no impact on me whatsoever. I generously gave it 3 out of 5 stars!



No comments:

Post a Comment